Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Dad

A dad can be an interesting character in ones life.  They are made up of so many differing pieces, they can be silly 'boys', serious task masters, safe havens, and rule makers.   They can believe their kids can do no wrong, and they can believe more often than not that their kids are involved.
 As an only child with a single mom, that notion was not discovered until my later years when my mom married, and Grandpa Pop Pop (as my kids call him in memory) was quite a character. 
At that point in my childhood I was lucky enough to have a great guy that wanted only the best for me, trusted me to be the person that I was growing up to be, and yes, spoiled me on a few occasions.
I have gotten to know many a dad since then, and been able to experience through my kids what a dad means to a small person, and how that relationship is one that cannot be replicated--nor should anyone try to. 
Now, this is not a post to proclaim some sort of moral judgement on what family and parenting should look like.  This is one to honor fathers that do their best, love their kids, and never want to say goodbye.  It's a special and unique job, one not to be taken lightly and one to be admired.
Thanks Dads.


No comments:

Post a Comment